Congratulations! You have decided to purchase a home here in Battle Ground or elsewhere in Clark County, or are thinking about buying one. You’ll be joining the ranks of hundreds of families who realize that home ownership offers a number of benefits including building equity, saving for the future, and creating an environment for your family. When you own your own home, your hard-earned dollars contribute to your mortgage. The equity you earn is yours. Over time, your home will increase in value.
The 10 Step Home Buying Process
1. Meet with us to discuss your home buying needs, desired price-range, financing, and monthly payment amounts.
2. Select a lender and obtain buyer’s pre-approval letter.
3. Select homes or properties of interest for consideration.
4. Schedule appointments if needed and view homes.
5. Make an offer on a property by completing a purchase & sale agreement including an earnest money deposit.
6. Meet with the lender to make a loan application.
7. Select a qualified home inspector and schedule a full home inspection and additional inspections if any are recommended.
8. Lender required bank appraisal of the property.
9. Closing with the agreed upon escrow agent or title company.
10. Possession after recording!